APS reminds families that an important Summer School Registration deadline is approaching on Fri, May 6. Arlington Public Schools will provide a variety of summer programs for students in Pre-K through grade 12 during summer 2016. Most classes run from Ju1y 11 – August 12. Program fees are due at the time of registration and are non-refundable except under very limited circumstances. Transportation for secondary programs will only be offered before first and after second period; secondary students who register for one period only will not be allowed to stay at school when they do not have a class, and will need to arrange alternative mid-day transportation. Information on Arlington County transit options is available at arlingtontransit.com
. Elementary students who attend an out of boundary school during the school year will not be provided with transportation in the summer.
A teacher signature is required on all registration forms for students at all grade levels to help ensure appropriate placement. Eighth grade English, Math and Physical Science are only open to students who fail these courses during the year (if students are unsure about whether they will pass, they should wait to register at secondary late registration on June 30). Elementary strengthening courses in Math and Language Arts are open only to students who are currently failing a course, who previously failed an SOL, or who are specifically recommended by their teacher for remediation.
For additional information, please see the Summer School Catalog and Frequently Asked Questions which are available online at www.apsva.us/summerschool
. Friday, May 6
Registration closes for
Friday, June 10
- Pre-K and Kindergarten Programs (excluding SPED Pre-K)
- Elementary Math and Language Arts Strengthening Programs
- Elementary Self-Contained Special Education Program
- Elementary ESOL/HILT Program
- Elementary Spanish Immersion Program
- Middle School Enrichment Courses
- High School New Work for Credit Courses
- Driver Education
- Secondary Countywide Special Education Programs
Registration closes for:
Thursday, June 30Late Registration for current APS Middle and High School students only for Make Up and Strengthening courses.
- Secondary Make-Up and Strengthening Programs
- SOL English 11 Writing Course
- Stratford Program
- New students who are pre-registered to attend APS schools in fall 2016 (excludes regular and SPED Pre-K, all countywide Special Education Programs, Middle School enrichment, New Work for Credit, and Driver Education)
Carlin Springs Elementary School, 8 AM to 7 PM. No New Work for Credit registrations will be accepted.
Students should register at the schools they are attending during the 2015-2016 school year by 4 p.m. on the day of the relevant deadline. Non-APS students must register through the Summer School Office at the Syphax Education Center at 2110 Washington Blvd. Out-of-county fees apply for non-residents. Registration forms will not be accepted after the posted registration deadlines. For more information, please contact the Summer School office at 703-228-7645 or email@example.com