March is Arts in the Schools Month and Arlington Public Schools invites the community to join in the celebration. Created in 1961, this is an annual observance to emphasize the value of arts education and to encourage support for quality school arts programs.
Throughout March, APS will hold a number of concerts, arts festivals, workshops, recitals, poetry readings and plays. A complete list of events is available in the Arts in the School Month brochure.
Just a few of this month’s events include:
- March 2: Elementary Art Exhibit Reception, Education Center Gallery, 6:30 p.m. (exhibit ongoing through March)
- March 7: Scholastics Ceremony at Washington-Lee and Exhibit Opening at the Central Library, 6:30 p.m. (exhibit ongoing through March 30th)
- March 7: Arlington Public Schools/Signature Theater Signature in the Schools Program presents: 295N 7:30 p.m.
- March 15: Jr. Honors Band, Orchestra, Elementary Chorus & Middle School Chorus performance at Kenmore Middle School, 6:30 p.m.
- March 31: Arlington Youth Symphony performance at Swanson Middle School, 7:00 p.m.
- April 6: Washington-Lee Pyramid Jazz Festival, 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Allison Gilbert in the Arts Education Office at 703-228-6299, visit www.apsva.us/artseducation
or follow us on Twitter @APSArts and join the conversation with #APSArtsHappy.