How do I apply for VPI at Claremont?
There are currently two VPI four year old preschool classes that the Office of Early Childhood has located at Claremont.
The VPI program at Claremont offers the children an immersion experience within the Virginia state guidelines for VPI. Students who
complete the VPI program at Claremont, have the option
of remaining at Claremont for our two-way dual
immersion program for K-5th grade without having to enter the Kindergarten lottery.
All VPI openings are reserved for children who are four years old by September 30th, toilet trained (no pull-ups), and whose family
income does not exceed 350% on the Federal Poverty chart. There are no fees for accepted families.
The process for VPI applications will be different this year. Parents will need to complete the following before 4:00 pm on April 15, 2016 to be included in the APS Early Childhood VPI lottery:
Next steps after you apply for VPI at Claremont:
- Complete pages 1-2 of the Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) Application 2016-2017.
- Complete page 1 of the Office of Early Childhood Income Verification Form School Year 2016-17.
- Proof of income will be requested if your child is accepted.
Parents only need to complete one application per child for Arlington Public Schools and submit the application to either of the following locations:
- Any APS elementary school.
- APS Early Childhood Office, 2110 Washington Blvd. Suite 200, Arlington, VA 22204, (703) 228-8632.
The APS Early Childhood Office will conduct the VPI lottery and you should receive notification if your child has been accepted or has been placed on the wait list at Claremont by April 29, 2016.
you have any questions please contact the School Registrar, Monica Simpson (Hahn), at (703) 228-2511 or email@example.com