Your APS network/Active Directory account is used to map your network drive, connect to wireless, access StudentVue and other APS services.The new password must be at least 10 characters long. (See below for ideas on selecting a new password.)Come see Teri Doxsee in the Middle Earth lab if you have trouble changing your password or if your account is locked.
We are strongly encouraging our students to change their APS Google passwords for security.
- Log into your APS Google account.
- Click on your username in the top right corner and click on Account.
- Click on Security and click Change password.
- In the new window, enter your current password and your new password.
Click here for instructions to change your Blackboard password.
Network/Active Directory passwords must be 10 characters or longer.Don't use your name, birthday or phone number.Use a phrase, sentence or multiple random words.Mix numbers, capital letters and special characters.Be creative! The best password is something that is easy for you to remember without writing down.Here are some sites with additional suggestions:
- xkcd Password Generator - Choose a password hard to guess but easy to remember!
- How to Create a Good Password You Will Not Forget
- Choosing a smart password
- The 6 Worst Password Ideas
- 10 Worst Password Ideas, as Revealed by Google
- The Ultimate Guide for Creating Strong Passwords