NEXT MEETING: Monday, May 9, 2016 at 7 PM
Hay siempre tradducion a cada reunion de la PTSA.
At the next PTSA Meeting on Monday, May 9th, we will hear from some of our students about their senior projects. Dr. Willmore will share some exciting news about Wakefield, and we will vote on the slate of PTSA Officers for next year. School Board member Nancy Van Doren will also be at our meeting and will provide updates from the School Board.
NOMINATING COMMITTEE for the 2016-17 School Year
We have a slate of officers for next year, which will be voted on at the next PTSA Meeting.
- PTSA President - Kathleen McSweeney
- Vice-President - Rick Strobach
- Recording Secretary - Cindy MacIntyre
- Treasurer - Pat Barrett
- There are lots of other ways to get involved! Plant Sale Volunteers, Communications Volunteers, Boosters Volunteers....please let us know how you want to participate!
Need Academic Assistance? Attend Saturday Academy and Get Help!
Wakefield offers Saturday Academy academic tutoring on most Saturdays in the library between 9 am and noon. See the entire schedule on this web page.
Did you know....?
We are are not just a regular Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) at Wakefield but a PTSA
- the "S" stands for students. At every PTSA meeting this year, we are inviting students to speak with us about their activities, initiatives and concerns; in September we heard from the Student Government officers about their initiatives and some sophomores who have joined with their W-L counterparts and started a non-profit to feed Arlington families (DimesforDining.org
). In October we heard from students who have participated in the Sister City experience with Coyoacan, Mexico. It is a great way for us all to connect with our high school students, hear what is important to them and be sure we are meeting their needs. Come join us!
PTSA Meeting Dates
All PTSA meetings are usually held the second Monday of the month in Room A-134 at 7:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Kate Van Slyck, President
Nancy Brown, Vice President
Cindy McIntyre, Treasurer
Katie Voldal, Secretary
Committee Chairs:Wakefield had representatives on the South Arlington Working Group (SAWG). The SAWG was considering the practice field at Wakefield for the new elementary school; the group recommended building at Thomas Jefferson Middle School on the parking lot. Please see the meeting minutes and other documents by visiting the APS South Arlington Working Group page.
Wakefield was represented by: Alicia Cackley
(voting member); Kathleen McSweeney
, (alternate member), and Henok Waltengus, Wakefield Alum Class of 2014 was also appointed as an alumni rep. Our PTA President, Kate Van Slyck, also attended the meetings.