Dear Swanson Families:
Welcome to Swanson’s PTA website for the 2015-16 school year. Swanson has a great year planned, and we hope you will join us by attending PTA meetings, to hear experts talk about issues of interest to parents of middle schoolers, and to volunteer in some way, shape or form. There are plenty of easy ways to help out, so whether you are working full time and juggling a house full of kids or have extra time to get involved to help your student - and all the Swanson students - we’d love to have you engage with us!
PTA No-Stress Fundraiser
No cupcakes to deliver, no wrapping paper to buy. Just give online or send a check! This is our main fundraising event of the year. All donations directly benefit the school and our kids.
The regular school budget
doesn’t cover all the needs and wants of the Swanson faculty and staff as they
seek to provide our kids with the best educational experience possible, and the
PTA wants to help fill that gap. For example, last year, donations helped to
fund the following:
• 8th grade Mock U.N. Debate
• 7th grade community service project to support “Food for Others”
• Purchase of Texas Instrument CBR2s for 7th and 8th grade Algebra I classes
• Light boxes and polymer clay machines for the art room
• 7th Grade economics curriculum materials
• Math manipulatives for Math 6
• Book purchases for the 6th grade novel project
• Awards for sports, academic and other extra curricular activities
• School supplies and calculators for the HILT program
• Audio materials and posters for foreign language instruction
• Field trip funding for all grades and a number of extracurricular programs
Donating is EASY. Complete
your donation online at www.swansonpta.org/ezform. You
can pay online via PayPal or send in a check to your child’s STAR teacher. All
funds donated are tax deductible, and receipt letters will be provided to all
Thank you for your support! To make your donations go even further, please:
· Ask your employer if they will double or even triple your donation. Please contact PTA Fundraising Chair Anne Henrich if you need help with this process.
· Ask family and friends to donate, too! Use social media, phone calls – get creative!
The first PTA meeting of the year will be held on September 15th. PTA Meetings are held in the library and are generally held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. You are welcome to sit and listen, to bring in new ideas or topics for discussion, or to engage in any way you would like. There is always room for more participation, and we hope this year our parents will get even more involved!
Join the PTA Listserve by sending an email to email@example.com. We promise not to overwhelm anyone’s inboxes, but we will send information that will be important for you to know. This is not the same as APS School Talk, through which you can receive Swanson’s daily announcements, school-specific information sent by APS, and any emergency announcements from the county. Even if you are already a subscriber to APS School Talk, it is recommended that you access your account and update your profile. To sign up or modify your account, visit the Swanson web page, click on the “School Talk” logo, and follow the directions.
Please contact any of the PTA Officers listed below with your questions, suggestions or concerns.
Noah Simon - President
Zoe O'Neil - VP
Madelon Brennan - Secy
Monique Brown - Treasurer
Ann Heinrich - Fundraising Chair